Please read this before participating in any activity.
All participants understand the risks and agree to the following:
1. Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized is significant including the potential for broken bones, severe injuries to the head, neck, and back or other bodily injuries that my result in permanent disability and death.
2. Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction or misuse of my own or others’ equipment.
3. I AGREE THAT I WILL WEAR APPROVED PROTECTIVE GEAR AS DECREED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE SPORT I AM PARTICIPATING IN. However, protective gear cannot guarantee the participant’s safety. I further agree that no helmet can protect the wearer against all potential head injuries or prevent injury to the wearer’s face, neck or spinal cord.
4. Variation and/or steepness of terrain, variation or changes in surfaces including but not limited to snow surfaces, ice, bare spots, rocks, stumps, debris, cliffs, trees, fences, posts, trees, light poles, signs, buildings, roads, walkways, ramps, rails, stairs, pyramids, manual pads, bowls, half-pipes, jumps, padded and non-padded barriers, other persons, and other natural and man-made hazards.
5. My own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including but not limited to operator error and guide decision making including misjudging terrain, weather, riding surfaces or other obstacles.
6. Exposure to the elements and temperature extremes may result if frost nip, frost bite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sunburn, hypothermia and dehydration.
7. Dangers associated with exposure to natural elements include but are not limited to avalanche, rock fall, inclement weather, thunder and lighting, severe and or varied wind, temperature and other weather conditions.
8. Accidents or illness occurring in remote places where there are no available medical facilities.
9. Fatigue, exhaustion, chill, and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of accident.
10. Impact or collision with other athletes, spectators, facility employees, pedestrians, motor vehicles, and cyclists.
*I understand the description of these risks is not complete and unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death.