Tips & information
- Lessons by Appointment.
- All participants must be able to swim.
- Participants must sign a waiver.
- Adults sign for children under 18 yrs.
- Participants are responsible for gear.
- Surfing & ocean sports can be dangerous.
- Pay attention to the ocean conditions.
- Never overstate your abilities.
- Do not exceed your physical abilities.
- Participate at your own risk.
- Follow directions of instructors and warning signs.
- Report any injuries, dizziness etc.
- In an emergency call 9-1-1
For your Comfort:
- Wear a Rashguard shirt.
- Wear sunscreen on your face, neck head.
- Wear a hat even in the water.
- Cover other exposed areas.
- Wear booties for traction.
- Wear board shorts.
- Drink lots of water.
Ocean Safety Tips:
- Never dive headfirst into the water.
- (Even when falling off your board).
- Protect your head and neck.
- Do not step on the reef.
- Enter and Exit the water with care.
- Do not swim where people are surfing.
- Do not go out in strong offshore winds.
- Stay away from fishermen.
- Help others in need.
Ocean Conservation Rules:
- Do not take shells, coral or rocks, from the water or beach.
- Do not disturb the marine life.
- Take your trash home with you.
- Avoid taking glass to the beach.
- Do not stand on the reef.
- Do not feed the birds, animals, fish.
- Do not put anything into the ocean that does not belong there.
- Do not take anything out of the ocean that does belong there.
- Always surf with a buddy
- Check the conditions.
- If in doubt, don’t go out.
- Don’t go out further than you can swim
- Never turn your back on the ocean.
- Stay away from crowded areas.
- Do not take off if someone in your path.
- Stay out of the surf zone when not surfing.
- Do not surf where people are swimming.
- Share the waves & surf with aloha.